Execute the Strategy, Step Six of the Service Acquisition process, puts all your planning and development into action resulting in a good contract award. It provides an opportunity to seek industry feedback to refine your requirement and ensure a healthy competition and best value for your stakeholder. To avoid protests, make sure evaluations are conducted in strict accordance with the evaluation factors contained in the Request for Proposal (RFP). The ideal outcome of this step is a smooth transition of your new contract performance.
The following are key outcomes of Executing the Strategy:
- Conduct technical proposal evaluations
- Award new contract based on best value to the government
- Comply with Agency approval and notification requirements for award
- Award the contract
- Debrief unsuccessful offerors
- Finalize the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) based on awarded contract
- Conduct post award conference
To assist in your Service Acquisition Training, watch the Step Six overview video.