During Step Seven of the Acquisition process, you will Manage the Performance during the life of the contract. This is the goal of the preceding six steps because it starts the delivery of the services your stakeholders and customers rely on to execute their mission. Performance must be continuously reviewed and adjusted as requirements or funding change. This requires knowledgeable and trained Contracting Officers Representatives (COR) using the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP), to make sure the performance results meet performance standards in the contract. It must be remembered that the contractor, not the government, is responsible for quality control and meeting the contract standards.
The following are key outcomes of Performance Management:
- Establish a Performance Management Team that includes the contractor
- Use the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP) to ensure that performance objectives are being met
- Track performance trends and results
- Determine if stakeholder needs are being met
- Develop a change management strategy
- Communicate performance results to stakeholders and customers
- Start planning for replacement contract when appropriate
To assist in your Service Acquisition Training, watch the Step Seven overview video.