Step Five in the Service Acquisition process is developing an Acquisition Strategy. Your Acquisition Strategy determines the business arrangement (type of contract and incentive arrangement) that will exist between you and the contractor and the method you will use in selecting the contractor. You should consider which arrangement manages risk effectively and yet motivates and aligns the interests of both the government and the contractor to achieve your performance objectives.
The following are key outcomes of Acquisition Strategy:
- Select the most appropriate type of contract
- Determine your performance incentive approach
- Determine how you will select a contractor (Source selection approach)
- Determine what Evaluation Factors will be used
- Develop appropriate planning documents (Acquisition Plan and Source Selection Plan)
- Obtain approvals when required
To assist in your Service Acquisition Training, watch the Step Five overview video.