The Requirements Roadmap is a key tool to help you start developing a Performance Work Statement (PWS) or Statement of Objectives (SOO). The Roadmap is a disciplined approach linking vision and mission to your Task Statement, Performance Standards, and methods and types of inspection.
Completing the Roadmap will provide the foundation for the following key documents:
- PWS or SOO
- Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP)
- Technical Evaluation Plan (TEP)
The Requirements Roadmap consists of the following elements:
- Team Name
- Project Name
- Stakeholder Desired Outcome- What are the key outcomes your Senior Stakeholders require?
- Task Statement- What results are required?
- Performance Standard- What level of performance is required to meet the Performance Objective?
- Acceptable Quality Level (AQL)- What is your tolerance for less than 100% performance?
- Who is Responsible? Provide a name and position.
- Data Source- Where is the assessment data coming from?
- Calculation- How will you determine if the AQL and Standard are being achieved?
- Method of Assessment- Options are Random Sampling, Trend Analysis, Customer Feedback, 100% Inspection, Periodic Inspection, and Third Party Audits
- Incentive- Would incentivizing this performance element enhance mission results?
Watch the video for a walkthrough of how to create a Requirements Roadmap.
Click on the link below to download a template of a Requirements Roadmap Worksheet.