ARRT Requirements Definition Version 4.3
Performance Standards define what level of execution is required to meet a Requirement. There are three main categories for Standards: cost, quality, and timeliness.
At times, it may not be necessary for a Requirement to completely meet a Standard. On such occasions you can assign an Acceptable Quality Level (AQL) to the Standard. An AQL is a tolerable variation in the execution of a Standard.
You can designate Standards and AQLs for a Requirement using the Standards Assistant. The Standards Assistant shows you the Project and WBS levels you are working on.
Adding new Standards and AQLs is a simple process:
- Click the "Add New Standard" button.
- Type in your Standard and AQL.
- Standard Classification Level (when appropriate) - select the Classification level for this Standard. When clicking the dropdown box, you will only be able to make a selection that is equal to or lower than the assigned Project classification.
- If you want to see examples of Standards, click the "Sample Standards" button.
- Click the "Select From Previously Used Standards" button to see a list of Standards you have used in this version of the tool.
- Click the "Select From Previously Used AQLs" button to see a list of AQLs you have used in this version of the tool.
- Click the "Save and Close" button to commit your changes.
- Click the "Cancel" button to discard any changes you have made and close the popup.
The tool offers you a list of sample Standards for your use and review. The samples are filtered by categories.
- Click on the category in the "Standards Categories" column that is the closest fit to your Requirement to see the Sample Standards.
- Click the "Clear Filter" button to view an unfiltered list of Standards.
- Select the Standard you would like to use. Please note: if you want to select multiple Standards at one time, hold down
the "Ctrl" button on your keyboard while clicking each Standard with
- Click the right arrow button to add the Standards to the "Selected Standards" column.
- If necessary, you can click the left arrow button to remove a Standard from the list.
- Click the "Add Selected Standard(s)" button to add them to your Requirement.
Previous Help TopicNext Help Topic