ARRT Cost Estimation Version 2.1
The Project List is the hub for tool activity.
The Project List is the starting point for the ARRT Cost Estimation process. Functionality on this page includes:
- Folders List - shows a list of available Folders for Project organization.
- Project List- shows a list of existing Projects in the Folder.
- "New" button - takes you to the "Project Information" page where you begin the process of creating a new Project.
- "Copy" button - makes a copy of a Project and all of its contents.
- "Delete" button - moves a Project and all of its associated information to the Trash Bin.
- "Import" button - navigates you to the import pages where you can determine what type of import you want to perform. More information on this topic can be found below.
- "Manage Folders" button - navigates to the Folder Manager which allows you to manage folders for easier maintenance and organization of Projects. For more information on this topic, go to the Folder Manager section below.
- Trash Bin button - opens the Trash Bin where you can view a list of deleted Projects. For more information on this topic, go to the Trash Bin section below.
- Grow/Shrink Font buttons - changes the font in the Folder and Project lists for customized viewing.
- Project Information - displays the following information for the currently selected Project:
- Project Name- the name of a Project.
- Creation Date - the date a Project was originally created.
- Number of Years in Contract - contract duration for the Project.
- Total Contract Estimated Costs - the total Minimum, Most Likely, Maximum, and Risk Adjusted estimates for the Project.
- Process Flow
- Left Arrow - navigates to the Main Page.
- Right Arrow - navigates to the Project Information page.
There are two types of imports that users can perform in the ARRT Cost Estimation tool:
- Import another ARRT Cost Estimation Project - users can share projects between different versions of the tool.
- Import a PWS from ARRT Requirements Definition - users can use a PWS created in a version of the ARRT Requirements Definition as the basis for a project in the ARRT Cost Estimation.
ARRT Cost Estimation users can share projects between different files of the tool by using the "Import" function. To utilize this functionality, follow the instructions below:
- Click "Import" on the Project List page.
- Select the file that contains the desired Project by clicking the "Browse" button.
- Navigate to the file by searching for the folder where it is saved.
- Click "OK" when you have selected the file.
- Select the Project to import by clicking on the Project name in the ARRT Cost Estimation Projects list.
- Click the "Import" button.
- A confirmation window will appear.
- Click "Yes" to continue with the import.
- Click"No" to cancel the import.
The Folder Manager allows you to manage folders for easier maintenance and organization of Projects. After selecting a folder in the "Choose a Folder" list you can do any of the following:
- "New Folder" button - reveals fields for creating a new Folder
- "Edit/Move" button - reveals fields where you can edit an existing Folder's name and change it's location.
- "Delete" button - deletes the currently selected Folder and all of the Projects inside that Folder. Please note: this action cannot be undone.
The two lists at the bottom of the page provide an easy method to move Projects from one Folder to another. Simply select the desired Folders and Projects and use the Right and Left arrow buttons to move the Projects between Folders. You can move multiple Projects by holding down the Shift and Ctrl buttons on your keyboard as you select the Projects to be moved.
The Trash Bin holds all Projects that have been deleted. You can select a Project in the list to see the Project Information.
- "Delete" button - permanently deletes the selected Project(s). Please note: this action cannot be undone.
- "Restore" button - removes the selected Project(s) from the Trash Bin and restores it back to the Project List.
Previous Help TopicNext Help Topic